The Spanish Children's Rights Coalition
The Spanish Children's Rights Coalition (known as Plataforma de Infancia) was born to unite the forces of the organizations whose objectives are the protection and promotion of the rights of children. Legally constituted the 19th of November, 1997 as a organization plural, united and democratic without an interest in profit and independent from political and religious views. It seeks to unite national organizations that work for children, creating space for inter-organizational coordination that promotes initiatives favouring children.
Our objectives are:
- To awake society to have knowledge and respect of the rights of children.
- To develop the dialogue, the collaboration and the participation of all private and public organizations related to the welfare of children and the application of their rights.
- To promote general and sectarian politics, that promote the welfare of children and especially of those children in situations of individual or social risk.
- To encourage the participation and the socialization of children.
- To denounce the situations that violate the rights of children by public or private institutions or private individuals.
These objectives will be accomplished with the following actions:
- An exchange of experiences about the promotion and protection of the rights of children between the organizations of the Childhood NGOs Platform.
- Investigation of initiatives of child participation in social, educational, labour fields and also in the family and during free time.
- Participation in national as well as international forums.
- The donation of educational materials and information to professionals, volunteers and people who are sensitive to the rights of children.
- The acquisition of documentation about children in a theoretical framework as well as experiments in the fields of law, education and psychology, ect.
- Elaboration of materials about the rights of the children.